Animal Health Care of Myerstown
Animal Health Care of Myerstown is located in Myerstown, PA. We are a full service companion animal hospital. We provide services to cats and dogs along with exotic pets such as birds, reptiles, rabbits, guinea pigs and other pocket pets. Dr. Jeffery Horst designed and built Animal Health Care of Myerstown in 2006. Our veterinarians and veterinary staff are committed to providing the highest-quality medical and surgical care to our patients and offer the best possible service to our clients. We want your pets be happy, healthy, and pain free; and to live as long as possible.
A quote our staff tries to live by: "people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget the way you made them feel."
Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets; early detection and treatment of disease as your pet ages; and complete medical and surgical care as necessary during his or her lifetime.
We understand the special role your pet plays in your family and are dedicated to becoming your partner in your pet's health care. We treat your pet as we would our own. Our goal is to practice the highest quality medicine and surgery with compassion and an emphasis on client education. Our entire healthcare team is committed to providing personal attention to the unique concerns of each individual pet owner.
For questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at (717) 866-7387
FOR WELLNESS/VACCINE APPOINTMENTS OUR OFFICE IS CURRENTLY SCHEDULING INTO MARCH AND APRIL! DUE TO OUR BUSY SCHEDULE AND LIMITED APPOINTMENTS, THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO HELP OUR CLIENTS FIND A DAY AND TIME THAT WORKS BEST FOR YOUR SCHEDULE AND OURS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!
WHY HAS MY VET CLINIC BEEN SO BUSY? CLICK THE LINK TO FIND OUT WHY!
COVID-19 Hospital Policy
We want to thank everyone for their patience as we adjust to the changes due to COVID-19. Just a few reminders for our clients, we are continuing to offer curb side pickup until further notice. We also want to remind everyone to schedule your pets well in advance for wellness/vaccine appointments as we are now scheduling these appointments out into March and April due to our extremely busy schedule. We recommend scheduling your pet’s wellness appointments up to 6 months in advance to ensure that your pet is getting scheduled in a timely matter that works for your schedule and ours. We appreciate your understanding.
As your pets medical care providers we continue to read and are very aware of the latest developments regarding this virus and your pets. Know that at this time your animals are NOT at risk for this strain of corona virus that is affecting people. Also, know that we are taking the following extra precautions for the health and safety of all our team members and clients.
- Sanitation is a huge priority at our practice but we have increased our efforts. In addition to normal exam room wipe downs you will see team members wiping down door handles and contact surface with increased frequency.
2. If you are in a high risk group for this infection consider the following to limit your exposure to others:
A. While we do not anticipate any closures of our practice, along with your own personal medications, it is a good idea to have at least a 1 month supply of your pets medications as well. We have always, and continue to offer free shipping on medications. Or, if you just don’t want to come into the office but are driving by give a call from the parking lot and we will be happy to bring the medication to you in your car.
B. If you come in for an appointment but do not want to wait in the lobby with others-again call ahead so we can be ready to place you directly into a room. We can check you out in the room as well to limit your contact time with others.
Please just communicate with us so that we can continue to meet your pets needs during this time. We will continue to update you with any relevant pet related news as we know it.
PVMA Blog--Can My Pet Get Coronavirus?
Hills to Home
- This service allows your pets prescription food to be delivered straight to your door!
- #1 vet recommended brand!
- Save 30% on your first order when you sign up for autoship and 10% on every order after that if you continue to use autoship.
- Contact our office if this is a service you are interested in!
THIS APP WILL ALLOW YOU TO:
- Text our office
- Send photos
- Request appointments
- Request medication or food refills
- SEE AVAILABLE REBATES FOR SPECIFIC PRESCRIPTIONS (FOR EXAMPLE NEXGARD AND HEARTGARD)
- Each pet has their own profile that you can upload photos of each pet.
- HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PETS RECORDS 24/7. ON THE APP YOUR PETS RECORD IS CONSIDERED THE PET ID CARD.
ACCESS TO YOUR PETS RECORD INCLUDES:
- PREVIOUS OR CURRENT MEDICATIONS PRESCRIPED
- UPCOMING AND PAST APPOINTMENTS
HOW DO I GET THE APP?
- Make sure our office has your email on file. If not call or stop in anytime so we can send an invitation email.
- Have the Pet Pro Connect app downloaded on your phone
- After app is downloaded and app is open it will ask for a verification code.
- The verification code will be in sent in a second email.
- After putting in the verification code in the app your app should be up and running. All of your information should already be uploaded on the app for you.
- ENJOY THIS SERVICE! And let our staff know if you have any questions or problems along the way!